Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Franchette Phal

Monster

Review: Monster by Francette Phal


Accidental Gold digger.

Circumstance forced Eden Mercer to sell herself to Dominic Armstrong for half a million dollars and in return she is to play the dutiful wife in public and submit to him completely behind closed doors.

The Tyrant.

Dominic is Ruthless, manipulative and sadistic but Eden is determined not to break under his cruelty. But how does one persevere when in the clutches of a Monster?

Manda's 4 Star Review:

Eden Mercer had no idea what she was getting into when she agreed to the arrangement with Dominic Armstrong. She was immensely attracted to Dominic and thought playing the part of his wife would be a pleasure. She had no idea the demons that lay inside Dominic and the hurt he would bring into her life. Though she married him for money to get out of a bad situation she hoped for something more but Dominic had something else in mind.

What a powerful story. I was sucked in from the very beginning and could not put this book down. I was not sure exactly what I was getting into when I started this book, but found quickly that it was a story I had to know the ending too. The writing is fantastic and the storyline is engaging. I went through an array of emotions reading this. I went from hating characters to understanding why they are the way they are and admired the strength of Eden's character. Definitely a book I would recommend. Great job to the author on an amazing story.



No comments:

Post a Comment