Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hilary Storm

In A Heartbeat

Eaven Bennett is a college student with a passion for photography. She has high hopes of completing college and starting a new life as she moves away from her hometown with her best friend, Ivy Adams. Her last boyfriend ruined any chance of her trusting ever again.

Talon Walker is the dark and intriguing drummer for the up and coming band ‘Rebel Walking’. A tragedy in his past has left him empty with no desire for a relationship. That is until he meets Eaven. 

One minute your heart is filled with love, the next your entire life comes crashing down. Everything can change in a heartbeat. Can Eaven and Talon overcome the obstacles in their way and find love?


My 1 Star Review!!

I started reading this book with hope that it would be a great rocker read, but unfortunately this book and I didn’t connect at all. I liked the idea of Talon and Taron being twins and being in a band. I haven’t read any books with twins before, so that was a bonus! This was Hilary’s debut novel and I felt like she wasn’t very connected with the characters. Almost as if she wrote what she believed twenty year olds said and acted like. I also felt the characters were very scattered during their different point of views. Again please take note that this review was based off me only getting to 40%, and the outcome of the book might of raised the star value some. I just wasn’t connected enough to finish it. 

~Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment