Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Heidi McLaughlin




 Forever My Girl, My Unexpected Forever, Finding My Forever

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 

And now I’m going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.

Manda's 4 star review:

Forever my girl tells the story of high school sweethearts Liam and Josie.
Liam the hometown football star and Josie his cheerleader girlfriend seem to have it all figured out.
Heading off to college where Liam will become a college star and eventually a star in the NFL. Marry Josie and live the dream. Only Liam is torn between the future he is supposed to have and the one he wants to make for himself. Making the hardest decision of his life Liam decides to leave the future everyone expects him to have and girl he loves behind.

10 years later a tragic accident leads Liam back to the town and the girl he left behind. Not long after arriving Liam comes face to face with the life he would have had if he had stayed. Never regretting the choice to follow his dream but always regretting leaving Josie behind. Liam sets about getting back the love and family he has missed out on for all these years.


Forever my girl is a story about second chances and forgiveness. A beautiful story about the complications and confusion of young love and following your dreams. Heidi McLaughlin does an amazing job creating characters that you fall in love with. With a few twists and turns in the story and wonderful supporting characters Forever My Girl is a book you will not be disappointed with.
 I expected a life of music.
I expected to raise my son.
It took one look to make everything change.
I never expected happiness.

I never expected to find her.
I never expected to feel desire.
I never expected I’d be a family man.
I never expected to be loved.
I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind.

Manda's 5 star review

My unexpected forever is the second book in the Beaumont series. After the tragic death of her first love and high school sweetheart Katelyn finds herself struggling to move forward and keep her family afloat. Now the single mother of twin girls and sole provider for her family she accepts a job as band manager from high school friend and rock star Liam Page.

Harrison James, Liam's best friend and band mate makes the move from LA to Beaumont with his son Quinn to be near Liam and his family. The goal is to live a quieter life with their families while still working on the music they love. Harrison finds himself drawn to Katelyn and her girls, and would do anything to help them thru their struggles. Katelyn finds herself drawn to Harrison as well, but is afraid to move on. The pair develop a friendship that battles to become more as they struggle to move on from fear and loss.
I loved this book! One of my favorite books this year. You completely fall in love with Harrison's character. The relationship he has with his son and the twins is beautiful. Katelyn is a strong and stubborn character that you want to yell at sometimes, but at the same time you feel the struggle she goes through to move on. Wonderfully written characters and a fantastic story line. Harrison makes it onto my list of favorite characters. Love this book and recommend it as a must read.

 
Everywhere I look, my friends are settling down - marriage, children, white picket fences; but not me. Marriage isn't in the cards for me. I’m a ladies man.

A rock star.

I was born and raised in the industry.

I love everything about my life, especially the attention from the women that my status brings me.
Women find me. I don’t chase. I know what they want and they know I’ll deliver.

But after one look, one touch, one night...
Now I’m the one doing the chasing.

I need to find a way to show her that I’m serious, that I can change.
I need to find a way to show her that I can love her fully, and only her.
I need to find a way to show her that she’s my forever


Manda's 4 Star Review:

Jimmy Davis is a rock star. While the rest of his band is settling down and having families he is living the rock star life. He has no intentions of ever settling down. He gave his heart away once and had it broken. That is until he meets Jenna. There is just something about her he can't let go of. She doesn't trust him and for good reason, but he needs her to give him a chance to prove he is hers. Secrets, lies and threats from the past surface making a future seem impossible. Jimmy and Jenna find themselves fighting bigger battles than they ever imagined.

This series is just amazing! I loved Liam when I read book 1 and then when I read book 2 I completely fell in love with Harrison and now Jimmy comes crashing through. Heidi McLaughlin is a fantastic writer that creates these characters that you just fall in love with. The men are amazing and sexy rock stars and the women are these strong and beautiful characters. So well written that you just can't help but get attached. I could not put this book down, it was my last read of the year and I read it all without stopping. I cannot say enough about this series! A must read and definitely on the top of my must read list!

No comments:

Post a Comment