Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Kristen Ashley

The Will



Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant.

While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love.

But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it.

Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.

Manda's 5 Star Review:

After the passing of her beloved grandmother, Josephine Malone returns to the only place that has ever felt like home to say goodbye to the only family she has ever had. Josephine has lived a life most would dream of. Traveling around the world enjoying the finer things in life as well as meeting some of the most famous designers,models and musicians, but she has always remained closed off, never letting anyone know the real her. At the reading of her grandmothers will, Josephine finds that her grandmother has made a most unusual last request that brings her face to face with retired boxer Jake Spear. Its obvious that Jake and his family are very important to her grandmother, but Josephine struggles with why her grandmother never introduced her to them. The longer she is there and away from her normal fast paced life the more she discovers what she has really been missing her whole life.


I was given a copy of this book by the author for review a while ago, but for some reason had put off reading it. This was a huge mistake on my part! I have read almost all of Kristen Ashley's books and have loved them all, she has a gift for writing fantastic characters and I knew that once I started this one I would love it as well. I was not wrong about this. This is a beautiful story about love and family. The storyline is so different from anything I have ever read. It still has the wonderful alpha male characters that we have come to know and love from Kristen Ashley, but the way the characters come together is unique and beautiful. All the characters are wonderfully written, strong yet vulnerable in their own way. Once I started reading I could not put it down. The synopsis does not do this book justice. There is so much to this beautiful story and I could not be happier that I finally picked it up. I have a huge respect for authors, even if I don't care for the story I have respect for them having courage to share what they write with the world. So, when I read a story like this, that I love and feel a connection to, from an amazing author who consistently writes amazing stories I want to share it with everyone I know. Again, a fantastic book by the wonderful Kristen Ashley. I am a huge fan and look forward to reading more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment