Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lisa De Jong

When It Rains

One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't. 

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.

I’ve been hurt. 

I’ve been saved. 

And I’ve found hope. 

I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…

Again.


My 5 Star Review!!

When it Rains starts off with Kate a 17 year old with a promising future, until one fateful night changes the life she knows forever; Kate was broken, damaged, and scarred. Kate has lived most of her life in Carrington and has spent most of that time with her best friend Beau Bennett. Beau is the only person that stayed by her side after the “old Kate” left for good. Beau loves Kate unconditionally but Kate only pushes him away. After Beau leaves for college, Kate finds herself alone doing the same things everyday: working, running, and crying. Kate is at work one day, when her whole life gets turned upside down by a blond haired blue-eyed man named Asher Hunt. Asher helps Kate remember what its like for her to be carefree again, and helps her put the pieces of her life back together. Asher is hiding something though, and when it comes out it has the ability to destroy everything.

When it Rains is a story about love and hope. It’s a story about second chances and new beginnings. It’s beautifully written, wonderful character development, and has a story line that pulls you in from the prologue. Kate and Asher are characters that people can relate to. They both went through traumatic life events but were able to find peace and happiness. Hopefully Kate and Asher can help people in real life realize there is hope and second chances. I absolutely loved this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good read! Be prepared to grab a box of Kleenex though!!


~Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment