Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nikki Groom

Holding Aces


**Holding Aces is part one of a two part Adult Contemporary Romance series that contains mature sexual content and language and is not intended for readers under the age of 18.**

*Please note: This is not a dark romance*

They say that time heals all wounds.
But mine are set in so deeply, they’ve taken on a life of their own, lurking in the shadows at every turn and haunting my thoughts.

The girl I once was has been replaced by a stranger.
I don’t even know who I am anymore.

I run.
And I hide.
Pretending to be someone I’m not…

Until I meet Denham King.
My burst of color in an otherwise grey world.
And for the first time in my life, I find myself running towards someone instead of running away.

But fate can be cruel,
and I can’t escape my past.
Can I?

Manda's 3 Star Review

Natalie Jamesson is running from her past. Determined to start over and create a safe life for herself, she lives as a stranger even to herself. Hiding away everything that makes her who she really is. When history begins repeating itself she does the only thing she can do, run. She find herself in Las Vegas again ready to start over, sick of running she decides to take back her life. Then she meets him, Denham King. Immediately drawn to him, she tries to keep her distance. The only problem is he refuses to stay away. She has so many secrets she can't possibly let him in. When the past finally catches up to her, there is nowhere else to run, but her secrets could be the death of her.


I was really excited to read this book. Holding Aces has a fantastic storyline and the characters are really well written. Denham King is a larger than life character and fits into the Vegas lifestyle well. It can be difficult to keep up with Natalie's character at times because of all the directions her storyline takes. Once the story takes off it moves very quickly and left me with a lot of unanswered questions. As it is only the first in the series I look forward to finding my answers in the following books.

No comments:

Post a Comment