Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Paige Weaver

Promise Me Light, Sweet Destruction
PROMISE ME LIGHT

"I'm darkness, Maddie. Stay away from men like me. You'll only get hurt." 

At one time my life was simple. Easy. But that was before the war. Now I was no longer an average college student. I was a survivor. A woman living in a ravaged world. My future was not bright and my life was far from perfect. The war had taken so much from me... but it wasn't finished yet. It wanted more. It wanted my heart. My soul. The one person I couldn't live without. It wanted Ryder Delaney. My best friend. The bad boy. The one person who could fight like no other and love me like no one else. He was the father of my baby. I watched him walk away one hot summer day and I prayed he would return. I needed him like I needed air to breathe and water to drink. Without him I was lost. A light without her darkness. Until he returns, I'll wait for him. And I believe he will return because love is powerful... And so is the light calling him home.


****This is the second book in the Promise Me Series. If you have not read Promise Me Darkness, I would suggest reading that before reading this review.****

Mag's 4 Star Review:

Promise Me Light starts off where Promise Me Darkness left off. Ryder and the other men have gone to save Eva, Maddie’s best friend, from the terrorist camp, while Maddie stays home pregnant. They are gone two weeks, but when they return Ryder is missing. He was shot and eventually everyone believes he didn’t survive. Maddie keeps hope for her and her unborn child that Ryder will return to them. 

The book has twist and turns that keep your page turning. I really enjoyed this series!! I like how it is so beyond your normal girl meets boy, girl falls in love with boy book. This book alternates between the present and the past, where we see more into Ryder and Maddie’s relationship over the years. I loved getting a better idea of how Ryder and Maddie were in the past. For me it is almost impossible to have a second book that is as great as the first, and this was not an exception. It was still a great story. Even though it was very different from the first book, I would still defiantly recommend this book!!


There’s a fine line between love and hate and they were about to cross it.

My name is Samantha Ross and this is my life.

I existed in a world that few know. Rundown trailers and crime-ridden streets were my home. Drugs and alcohol were the norm and happiness was the exception. I lived from day to day never knowing if I would have a roof over my head or food in my stomach. My life sucked. It took from me and gave nothing back.

But there was one certainty in my life. A black smudge on my window of hell.

Cole Walker.

He was a criminal. A thief. He brought hell and damnation with him wherever he went. He hurt and destroyed. He took and gave nothing in return. He was heartache and despair wrapped up in a perfect gorgeous package. Fast cars and fast women were his hobbies. His vices. But he had many.

I was one of them.

I was his addiction and his craving. His enemy on this earth. I feared him. I hated him. I loved him even more.




Mag’s 4.5 Star Review:

Sam has had it hard growing up.  A father that left, a mother who is too drunk or high to actually care about her kids, a house that’s falling apart in a horrible neighborhood, and an empty stomach more times than she can count.  The only consistency in her life has been her brother Bentley and his best friend Cole Walker, who happens to be her worst enemy.  Or is he?

“The boy would be my destruction and my savior.  He would challenge me.  Keep me sane and drive me crazy.  He would destroy me and save me.”

Cole Walker is the boy next door, except he isn’t someone parents would want their daughter to be with.  He is a criminal, a womanizer, and a hot head.  There’s demons inside him that threaten to takeover his everything on a daily basis, but there are only a few things that help silent those demons and one of those things he despises.  The moment Sam walked into his life Cole was never the same again. 

“I did hate her.  I hated the way she made me feel.  How she smelled, how she walked, how she smiled with her eyes.   I hated that I would do anything for her, including going to jail.”

Sam is such and amazingly strong character.  After everything she went through going up she still stands strong with her head held high.  She is a total tough chick who stands up for herself and doesn’t take crap from anyone, even Walker.  Cole Walker has quickly become one of my favorite book boyfriends.  He is dark, scary, intense, and oh so deep.  He comes across as a complete dick, but has his reasons.  He is insanely swoon worthy that I had to fan myself a few times.

“Time to make you scream”

“’Listen to me, Sam’ he said in a hoarse, raw tone. ‘I touched you.  I put my f**king mouth on you.  You’re mine, sweetheart.  Love or no love.’”

Cole is strait to the point and doesn’t sugar coat anything.  He isn’t a hearts and flowers kind of guy, but the kind of guy that makes you hate him yet love him at the same time.


Paige Weaver has completely sucked me in once again!  Her ability to create characters that seep into you and become one with you is one of the things I love most about her writing.  Her books have so many twists and turns in them that just keep you on the edge of your seat.  This book was so different from her first couple books, and it was just as good.  I would highly recommend this book as well as her first two!

No comments:

Post a Comment