Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Brooke Cumberland

Spark, Burn


SPARK (Spark #1)

When your past controls your future, how do you move forward?
Velaney Wills knows about that all too well. 
Weak, powerless, and fearing the one person who has hurt her the most…can she overcome the barriers to move forward?
Being saved by a muscled Godsend was never on her agenda, but when firefighter, Eric Reilley comes into her life unexpectedly, everything changes. 

Velaney has never felt loved or cared for, and her past prevents her from letting anyone in. Eric manages to break down her walls—despite the repercussions that come for them afterwards.

They have an undeniable spark—something she has never felt before, but will it be enough? Can love overcome all obstacles? Can they save each other to protect their love or will her past shatter everything she never knew she needed…?

**Spark is for mature audiences only – strong language, explicit sexual content, and sexual abuse are apparent.**


Mag's 2.2 Star Review:

Solid 2.5-3 stars. Let me clarify I didn't rate it low because it was a poor book. I rated it low because I just did not connect with it. It was well written, good story line, but I just couldn't connect with the characters or the book. I found myself skimming through some of the pages. Overall it is an extremely well written book with a very good plot just couldn't connect with it.

BURN (Spark #2)


*Contains Mature Adult Content. Recommended for 18+ Only*

Book 2 in the Spark Series

Just when Velaney thinks she is safe again...her worst nightmare comes back to haunt her.

Eric is dealing with his own insecurities as he tries to accept Velaney's decision to help the enemy...can he get past it? Will they be there for each other in the end?

Eric struggles to step aside and trust Velaney...but will his past keep him from doing so? Can he let go in order to move forward?

Velaney and Eric had their fair share of ups and downs in SPARK...their love was undeniable and intense. Just when you think they could get their happily ever after...pasts collide and merge together...will they fight for what they want?

Or will their love crash and burn?



Mag's 3 Star Review:

***Who Picked This? Book Blog was given an arc of this book from the author in return for my honest review of the book***

For me, I did not connect with this book very much, and I found myself skimming through some of the non-verbal parts. With that said, I am still giving this book a 3 stars. I chose to give this book a 3 star, because it was extremely well written, had a very good story line, and the characters were well thought out. Now why the 3 stars? Its simple really, I just didn’t connect with the characters and the book, but the quality of the book helped keep the star rating higher. That’s the beauty of books though, not everyone will like the same thing and that’s okay. Overall I would still recommend this book to others.

Manda's 4 Star Review:

Book 2 picks up right at the end of book one with Eric and Velaney flying to see his family. Velaney is struggling to relax and enjoy her time with Eric and his family because she is seeing Aiden everywhere. Feeling like she will never truly be free of the fear and pain her family has caused she struggles with moving forward.

Shortly after returning home Velaney has a surprise visit from her mother and is asked to do an unbelievable favor for her family. Feeling like she finally has a way to escape from her family, Velaney attempts to explain to Eric why she must do this one last favor.

Eric unable to understand the reasons Velaney feels she must do this is forced to decide whether he can support her decision or if this is too much for him to handle.

Horrific family secrets are revealed as well as a look into Eric's painful past. They must decide if it is all too much or if it is worth fighting for.

I love this series! Book 1 completely sucked me in and I was excited to read Burn. I fell in love with the characters, and couldn't wait to find out where their journey would take them. The characters are well written and I really felt drawn into the story. It's an emotional, and painful story to read at times, but so worth the read!! I loved this book and would definitely recommend the series!!


No comments:

Post a Comment