Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Clarissa Wild

Mr. X

*Author Note: This is not your average romance story. Some people will kill for love.*

He’s come to kill me.

I’m a user and abuser of my own body. In my darkest hour I sold my soul to the devil and now I must pay the price. With his gun to my head I have no choice but to listen and obey, but I refuse to go down easily. Nothing is stronger than the will to survive. My instincts kicked into full gear the second he stepped into my motel room.

Except when I look at him I see my own heart staring back at me. A history tainted by blood.

I don’t know his name, but I know he wants me. To save myself I’ll sacrifice my sanity. My body. My soul. Something tells me the x-shaped scar that marks his eye is the only escape I have. He is Mr. X: the man who comes to claim my life. Can I save myself before he demands my heart?

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, breath deprivation, strong language, drugs and alcohol, and graphic violence.


Mag’s 4 Star Review:

When I first read the synopsis for Mr. X, I must say I was insanely intrigued.  The concept was so out of the box, so mind blowing, that I had to know who and what this mystery person was and why they were so lost.   The synopsis was what brought me to this book, but the creative story line and writing kept me coming back for more.  The main characters were so completely screwed up that they complemented each other great. 

I want to live.  All I’ve ever wanted is to live and feel alive.”

Jay is a lost soul.  She can only remember back a few years to a cold sterile hospital room filled with people asking questions she didn’t remember the answers to.  Consumed with nothingness, Jay turned to drugs and alcohol to numb herself into feeling anything more than the pain of not knowing.  Not knowing who she is and not knowing the whys.  Then one night, one job went wrong and she found herself tied to the bed facing her death head on.  Only it didn’t feel like death.

When I said both characters were completely screwed up, I meant it.  Jay has her fair share of problems but Mr. X is in a whole other league. 

“I do what I do because I love seeing the fear in their eyes before I kill them.  I love the thrill of preparing the kill, thinking about all the ways I can make them scream in agony.”

Lately I have been more connected to male characters than the female characters and Mr. X did not disappoint.  He was beyond anything I have ever read before.  Holy hotness.  He is the definition of kink including the period at the end of the sentence.

“I want you to drip as you walk back to the car.  Let my come run down your legs and show the world that you belong to me.”

Mr. X is not only hot but he is deadly.  He is a heartless cold-blooded killer, who had a rough childhood with parents who cared more about their jobs than him.  As this story progressed, I found myself wanting to know more and more about Mr. X.  Like who he was and how he became the way he was.   

I am normally not a fan of dark romances books, but the way the author was able to get me to feel for these characters, I was completely drawn into this book.  I felt so many conflicting emotions and I even shed some tears at the end.  It was complete worth reading and I would totally recommend others reading it, even if you aren’t a fan of dark romances. 


“Now, little bird, make your choice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment